ELUM JOB OPENINGS
INTERESTED IN A POSITION WITH ELUM?
Here's a bit about us as a company....
Sorrento Valley based Elum Designs, Inc. is one of the leaders in today’s letterpress social stationery and invitation industry.
Known for trendsetting design and meticulous attention to detail, Elum is a self-contained design studio and print shop with
a brand that is synonymous with high-quality craftsmanship. Elum manufactures a depth of wholesale paper products
and offers customized social occasion letterpress print packages through retail dealers throughout the nation.
Current Job Openings:
PRODUCTION ARTIST (FULL TIME)
Elum is looking for a talented Production Artist! This is a full-time, on-site position. You will provide daily support by creating custom dielines, 3D representations of products for presentations, and rebuilding or resizing mechanicals for packaging and consumer paper and office products.
Our design team and letterpress print shop creates a host of paper products including stationery, greeting cards, and paper accessories that are sold in retail stores all over the world. At Elum, we have a relentless dedication to the superb quality of our products and we work tirelessly to ensure that the Elum name is synonymous with excellence. We are looking for an exceptional production artist who is highly skilled and can work under tight deadlines. The production artist we are looking for is full of creative ideas, from conceptualization to execution, is methodical, detail-oriented, well versed in pre-press production operations and the daily workflow of the creative department.
- Excellent project management skills
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator as well as MS Office
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Must possess prompt and effective communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people at all levels of a business
- Commitment to quality, service, and efficiency
- Management of multiple projects with tight timelines with high attention to detail and craftsmanship
- Resourceful and cooperative in working with team members to obtain information, gain alignment and to keep projects moving
- Problem-solving mentality with great intrapersonal skills and collaborative spirit
- Degree in Graphic Design
- Minimum of 3 years experience in consumer product production environment
- Solid understanding of print production and packaging
- Familiarity with production requirements and working with overseas vendors
- Work as an engineer/architect with an eye for design.
- Responsible for executing and expanding creative layout and packaging set forth by in-house design team.
- Create files that maintain the design integrity and established branding while effectively interpreting creative into deliverables that are reproducible on press and on products.
- Extremely familiar with 4-color printing process, PMS
- Understands all printing processes (i.e. PMS, CMYK, flexo, litho, screen, digital) and working on different mediums which require specific techniques.
- Key reviewer for all product files ensuring that materials are delivered with the utmost quality to vendors.
- Development of packaging comps & concept imagery
- Packaging mock-ups for internal communication of design concepts
- Consistently apply and enforce style guidelines
We are currently seeking an extraordinarily talented letterpress craftsman to run Heidelberg Windmill and Cylinder Press. Must be extremely detail oriented and have a drive to achieve printed perfection.
- Prior experience running Heidelberg Windmills and/or Cylinder Press.
- Positioning/registering steel backed printing plates on magnetic base.
- Adjusting packing on press.
- Adjusting ink according to job specifications and desired output.
- Job scheduling and management experience is a plus.
Read job order and prepare job for press.
- Mix inks for print jobs.
- Run print jobs.
- Perform press-checks with design team.
- Perform daily maintenance on machines.
- Ability to fix and repair machines.